- 1 SC 188 2. Investor Stream
- 2 Cost
- 3 Business and Personal Assets
- 4 Experience
- 5 Points
SC 188 2. Investor Stream
|Overview||This visa requires you to invest at least AUD1.5 million in an Australian State or Territory and maintain business or investment activity in Australia.|
|Cost of application||From AUD5375 (see ’cost’ below for additional information)|
|Duration of visa||Up to 4 years and 3 months.If you applied before 1 July 2015, you can stay up to 4 years. Multiple entry.|
|Uses of this visa||
|Eligibility||Applicants must meet the following requirements-
This visa costs AUD5,375 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.
- family members over 18 years old: AUD2,685
- family members under 18 years old: AUD1,345
You must pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English.This charge is the second instalment which must only be paid when you are asked to do so. You will be refunded the charge if the visa is not granted.
The second instalment charges are:
- main applicant: AUD9,795
- family members: AUD4,890
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.rics.
Business and Personal Assets
1. Have managed a qualifying business or investments to the value of at least AUD1.5million.
For at least 1 of the 5 fiscal years immediately before we invite you to apply, you must have directly managed one of the following:
- a qualifying business in which you, your partner or you and your partner combined had at least 10% ownership interest, or
- an eligible investment of at least AUD1.5 million owned by you, your partner or you and your partner combined.
2. Have assets of AUD2.25 million
For the 2 fiscal years immediately before we invite you to apply, you, your partner, or you and your partner together, must have business and personal assets with a net value of at least AUD2.25 million. These assets must have been lawfully acquired and be available for transfer to Australia within 2 years of the visa being granted.
3. Make an investment of AUD1.5 million in your nominating State or Territory
After you lodge your application, you must make a designated investment of at least AUD1.5 million in the State or Territory in which the nominating State or Territory government agency is located. This investment must be in your name or in your name and your partner’s name. The investment must be made from unencumbered funds generated from qualifying businesses or eligible investments. To be eligible for the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) Investor stream, you must hold the designated investment for at least 4 years from the date the investment certificate is issued by your nominating State or Territory.
- have at least 3 years’ experience managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments
- have a successful record of eligible investment or qualifying business activity
- have demonstrated a high level of management skill in relation to the eligible investment or qualifying business activity
You must score at least 65 points on the points test.
You can get points for many reasons, including your:
- English language ability
- business experience
- net personal and business assets
- business turnover
- special endorsement