Sydney | Melbourne | Perth | India | UAE

Home  |  About Us  |  Pay Bills  |  Client Portal  |  Contact Us


Overview This visa allows an aged parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to stay in Australia.
Visa type Permanent
Cost of application From AUD6,415, can be paid in 2 instalments.
Duration of visa The recipient of this visa can stay in Australia indefinitely.
Uses of this visa
  • stay in Australia indefinitely
  • work and study in Australia
  • enrol in Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare
  • sponsor your family members to come to Australia
  • apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
Eligibility Applicants must meet the following requirements-
  • For applicants: Be sponsored by an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent resident or Eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia and is more than 18 years old
  • For applicants: be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia
  • Meet the balance-of-family test (at least half of your children and step-children are eligible children OR there are more eligible children living in Australia than in any other single country)
  • Obtain assurance of support (this assures the Australian government that the applicant will not have to rely on government assistance after they enter Australia on this visa)
  • Meet the  health requirement
  • Meet the character requirement
  • Pay debts to the Australian Government
  • Sign the Australian Values Statement
  • Not have had a visa cancelled or a previous application refused
  • Be in the best interests of any applicants under 18
  • For sponsors: be a suitable sponsor (see ‘suitable sponsor’ below)

Suitable Sponsor

To sponsor an applicant for this visa, you must be:


  • an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent resident or Eligible New Zealand citizen
  • settled in Australia
  • 18 years of age or older


Usually, you would sponsor your parent for this visa. You can sponsor more than one parent. 


Alternative sponsorship arrangements

You can sponsor a visa applicant on behalf of a child under 18 if you are:


  • an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, and
  • settled in Australia, and
  • 18 years of age or older


You must be:


  • the child’s co-habiting spouse, or 
  • the child’s relative or guardian, or 
  • a relative or guardian of the child’s co-habiting spouse


Or your community organisation can sponsor an applicant where:


  • there is a relationship between the organisation and the applicant’s child
  • a senior representative of the organisation agrees to sponsor the applicant
  • the organisation is lawfully established in Australia
  • the organisation has been actively operating in Australia for at least one year
  • the organisation can meet its financial commitments