This permanent visa lets a parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen move to Australia.
- Apply as a retiree (see ‘retiree’ for additional information)
- For applicants: Be sponsored by an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent resident or Eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia and is more than 18 years old
- Meet the balance-of-family test (at least half of your children and step-children are eligible children OR there are more eligible children living in Australia than in any other single country)
- Have assurance of support (this assures the Australian government that you will not have to rely on government assistance after entering Australia on this visa.
- Meet the character requirement
- Pay debts to the Australian Government
- Sign the Australian Values Statement