1. Migration Program 2020-21: Government retains planning levels at 160,000 places;
2. The Government triples allocation for Global Talent Independent Program- fastest way to get permanent residency in Australia, which has been allocated a total of 15,000 place;
3. Family stream has been total allocated 77,300 space, predominately made up of partner visa category, which has been allocated a total of 72,300 places;
4.The Government will give priority to Employer-Sponsored, Global Talent, Business Innovation and Investment Program visas within the Skilled Stream;
5.The government will also be prioritising onshore visa applicants and partner visa applicants where the relevant sponsor resides in a designated regional area;
6.The Government will also offer Visa Application Charge (VAC) refunds, waivers or visa extensions to visa holders who have been unable to travel to Australia due to COVID-19;
7.The government has also raised the allocation for the Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP) to 13,500 places;
8. From 1 July 2021, the Government will streamline and improve the operation of the Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP). The Government will introduce changes to improve the quality of investments and applicants. Visa application charges for BIIP visas will also be increased by an additional 13.3% on 1 July 2021.
9. English language requirement for partner visa applicants.
– learn English to a ‘Functional level’;
– or have to complete 500 hours of English classes;