Sydney | Melbourne | Perth | India | UAE

Home  |  About Us  |  Pay Bills  |  Client Portal  |  Contact Us

Bupa Health Insurance COVID-19 FAQ

Why do you need health insurance?

Overseas Student Health Cover is a compulsory health insurance product required by international students studying in Australia. OSHC is an insurance product that basically gives international students a level of insurance coverage that is based on the Australian Medicare system.

When you finish your studies as an International Student in Australia, you’ll need to switch from your OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) to a Temporary Graduate visa with accompanying health cover.  When applying for your 485 or temporary graduate visa, you must provide evidence that you’ve made appropriate arrangements for health insurance in Australia for the duration of the visa processing period and for the duration of your visa.

Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) is a form of health insurance which is designed for visitors to Australia who do not have access to Australia’s public Medicare system for medical or hospital expenses. OVHC insures against potential expenses you may incur if you require medical or hospital treatment.

Why Select Bupa?

Bupa is a health and care company committed to helping our customers live longer, healthier, happier lives. Bupa offers a broad range of services, including aged care and retirement, dental, optical, health insurance, and community wellbeing initiatives, to improve the health of all Australians.For more details about why choose bupa, please visit:

In addition, Bupa has released Bupa’s latest Covid FAQ, it will help answer many of the questions you and your OSHC and OVC clients may have about Bupa OVC (some call it OVHC) and OSHC coverage, financial hardship and more.

For more details, please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates for International Students & Visitors Fast Facts and Care Guidance

Why Choose eMigrate?

Emigrate is working closely with the Department of Home Affairs, eMigrate remains to be a leader in immigration law, specialising in professional immigration assistance and legal services.

With over a decade of experience in international immigration, our Australian Immigration Law Specialists (Registered Migration Agents) have successfully managed over 10,000 visa cases.

According to the Department of Home Affairs, only registered migration agents can give you immigration assistance.

Immigration assistance is:

  • help to prepare a visa application
  • providing advice to a visa applicant about their application
  • helping prepare a document in connection with the sponsorship of a visa applicant, or to advise the sponsor
  • preparing for proceedings, before a court or a merits review tribunal such as the Administrative Appeals Tribunals, or representing someone at those proceedings
  • helping to prepare a request to the Minister to exercise certain powers under the Migration Act in relation to a visa applicant

eMigrate International has implemented a Work from Home policy from immediate effect and our services would continue remotely. 

In regards to meetings with our MARA Agents are concerned, emigrate has made a conscious decision to restrict travel and face-to-face meetings, but we will help you over mobile call, Google hangouts and skype meetings or any other virtual channel of your convenience.

We have open 24/7 service via Facebook messenger and a special Email channel, whenever our migration support team gets time, they will reply to the message/email at the earliest time.

If you are unsure of travel restriction and need assistance please contact emigrate via +61 480 030 229 or +91 8899 1551 55, or email to

The eMigrate International Team

On 1st July 2019,

eMigrate International has opened our Facebook page and start posting the updated the Australian Education and Migration Industry news.

Follow our Facebook Page and check out the news and updates