Sydney | Melbourne | Perth | India | UAE

Home  |  About Us  |  Pay Bills  |  Client Portal  |  Contact Us

Child Visa (Subclass 101)

Overview This visa lets a child outside Australia move to Australia to live with their parents.
Visa type Permanent
Cost of application From AUD2,665 for main applicant
Duration of visa Since the visa is permanent, the child can live in Australia permanently 
Uses of this visa
  • Migrate to Australia as a permanent resident
  • work and study in Australia
  • enrol Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare
  • sponsor relatives to come to Australia
  • apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
Eligibility Applicants must meet the following requirements-
  • Be dependent on their parent who is an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent visa holder
  • Be sponsored by an eligible parent or their parent’s spouse or de facto partner.
  • Be under 18, or over 18 and under 25 studying full-time or over 18 with a disability (see ‘age requirements’ below for additional information)
  • The child cannot be or ever have been married or engaged to be married, or in a de facto relationship
  • Meet the  health requirement
  • Meet the character requirement
  • Pay debts to the Australian Government
  • Sign the Australian Values Statement
  • Have consent to migrate to Australia
  • Be in the best interests of the child
  • For sponsors: be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
  • For sponsors: be the child’s parent or their parent’s current spouse or de facto partner 
  • For sponsors: be aged 18 years or older

Age Requirements

The child must be either:

  • under 18 years old, or
  • over 18 and under 25 years and studying full time, or
  • over 18 years with a disability


If the child is over 18 and under 25 years and studying full time


If the child is over 18 and under 25 years old they:


  • must be a full-time student when they apply and when the visa application is decided
  • can’t work full time
  • must be financially dependent on their parent(s) more than any other person


The child is a full-time student if they are:


  • enrolled in a full-time course that leads to a professional, trade or vocational qualification
  • attending classes


The child should have started studying since turning 18 years of age or within 6 months (or a reasonable time) of finishing school. Any gaps of more than 6 months between their final year of school and the start of their further studies must be explained.


If the child is over 18 years with a disability


If the child is 18 years or older with a disability, they:


  • must have totally or partially lost their bodily or mental functions
  • can’t work full time