Closely Related Skilled Occupation
You must be employed in your nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation.
Skilled employment can only be claimed if:
- In the 10 years before you are invited to apply and have completed at least 20 hours of paid work per week (this may be adjusted for shift or fly-in-fly-out workers) in your nominated occupation and/or a closely related occupation. Closely-related occupations must be:
- In the same ANZSCO Unit Group or
- consistent with a career advancement pathway or
- determined by an assessing authority that it is closely related to your nominated occupation.
- Either the authority undertaking your skills assessment states in the assessment that your employment is skilled (in your EOI, use the date stated in your assessment as your employment commencement date) or your employment experience is in conjunction with standards for skilled employment set by your assessing authority on their website.