Sydney | Melbourne | Perth | India | UAE

Home  |  About Us  |  Pay Bills  |  Client Portal  |  Contact Us


Consumer protection

Who can give immigration assistance in Australia?

The OMARA factsheet ‘Giving immigration assistance in Australia’ explains who can legally provide immigration assistance in Australia.  This is a resource for consumers and the wider community on who can give immigration assistance lawfully.
Factsheet – Who can give immigration assistance in Australia? (362KB PDF)


Consumer guide

The OMARA’s Consumer Guide has information about:

  • the migration advice profession
  • the functions of the OMARA
  • the legislation regulating the migration advice profession
  • what a client can reasonably expect from a registered migration agent
  • complaint procedures.

Registered migration agents are required to provide the Consumer Guide (in English) to clients after agreeing to do work for them, but before starting that work.
Consumer Guide – English (376KB PDF) 

Registered migration agents are skilled people who must meet professional standards, follow the Code of Conduct and maintain up-to-date knowledge of migration law and procedure. Your agent must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (OMARA), which ensures that only suitable persons are registered to provide immigration assistance. 

To check if a person is registered, visit OMARA’s website:



On 1st July 2019,

eMigrate International has opened our Facebook page and start posting the updated the Australian Education and Migration Industry news.

Follow our Facebook Page and check out the news and updates