Sydney | Melbourne | Perth | India | UAE

Home  |  About Us  |  Pay Bills  |  Client Portal  |  Contact Us

Overview This visa allows applicants to visit Australia as often as they wish in a 12 month period.
Visa type Temporary
Cost of application Online application service charge of AUD 20.00
Duration of visa Valid for 12 months. Recipients can stay up to 3 months each time they enter Australia
Most suitable for Citizens from countries with eligible passports who have a holiday/cruise, visit family and friends or partake in business visitor activities in Australia
Eligibility Applicants must meet the following requirements- Have an eligible passport (see below for the list of eligible countries) Health requirement Character requirement Pay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government Possess or have access to sufficient funds Prove that you are a genuine visitor (if applicable) Best interests of the child

Features of 601 Visa ETA

This visa lets you visit Australia:

  •  for business visitor or leisure purposes
  • as many times as you want for 12 months
  • and stay up to 3 months for each visit.

If eligible to apply for online applications, you will need to pay a service fee of AUD20.


You might be able to get an Electronic Travel Authority if you are:

  • outside Australia
  • a passport holder of a certain country.

Who could get this visa

You might be able to get this ETA if:

  • you are travelling to Australia as a tourist or for business visitor purposes
  • you hold an eligible passport.

Reason for stay

You can apply if you are travelling to Australia as a tourist or for business purposes

Tourist activities include holidays, recreation or seeing family and friends.

Business visitor activities include:

  • making general business or employment enquiries
  • investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
  • activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
  • participating in seminars, trade fairs or conferences. Please note that you cannot be paid by organisers to take part.

Business activities do not include short-term work. If you wish to work in Australia, you may apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (Subclass 400)

Eligible passports

To apply, you must hold a passport issued by one of the countries or regions listed below. If you hold a non-citizen passport or other travel document, such as a Certificate of Identity, you are not eligible to apply for an ETA.

Eligible passports are issued by:

  • Andorra
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brunei
  • Canada
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hong Kong (SAR of China)
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Liechtenstein
  • Luxembourg
  • Malaysia
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Republic of San Marino
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan* must not purport to be an official or diplomatic passport
  • The Netherlands
  • United Kingdom—British Citizen
  • United Kingdom—British National (Overseas)
  • United States
  • Vatican City


Health insurance

The visa holder is responsible for all their health costs while they are in Australia.

 You will not be covered by Australia’s national health scheme (Medicare) unless your country has a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia.

Character requirements

If you have had any criminal convictions in any country, you should apply for a Visitor visa (subclass 600), rather than an ETA. If you arrive on an ETA with criminal convictions, you could be refused entry to Australia.

Debts to the Australian Government

You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.

Including family in your applicationEach family member travelling with you to Australia will need a separate ETA. This includes any children younger than 18 years of age who are included on your passport.

How long your Electronic Travel Authority lasts

Your ETA is valid for 12 months. You can enter and stay in Australia for up to three months at a time. If you want to stay in Australia for longer periods, you can apply for other visas, such as a Visitor visa (subclass 600).

If your passport expires before your ETA, you must reapply.

What an Electronic Travel Authority lets you do

An ETA lets you:

  • enter Australia for up to three months at a time
  • have a holiday or visit family and friends in Australia
  • study in Australia for up to three months, in some circumstances
  • work as a genuine unpaid volunteer, but only if an Australian resident would not otherwise be paid to do that type of work (you can be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses such as meals and accommodation).
  • engage in business visitor activities while in Australia, provided you:
    • do not work for or provide services to a business or organisation in Australia
    • do not sell goods or services to the public.

Your obligations

You must comply with all ETA conditions and Australian laws. You cannot stay in Australia for longer than three months on each visit.

You cannot study for more than three months.

You cannot work while you are in Australia, other than for business visitor-related purposes.

Find more Tourist VISA visa options.