- 1 EVISITOR (SUBCLASS 651)
- 1.0.1 Overview
- 1.0.2 This visa allows applicants to visit Australia as often as they wish for 12 months
- 1.0.3 Visa type
- 1.0.4 Temporary
- 1.0.5 Cost of application
- 1.0.6 Free
- 1.0.7 Duration of visa
- 1.0.8 Visa is valid for a period of 12 months, but applicants can only stay in Australia for 3 months each time they enter
- 1.0.9 Most suitable for
- 1.0.10 Visiting family and friends, going on a cruise/holiday, undertaking business visitor activities, studying of training for 3 months (under some circumstances)
- 1.0.11 Eligibility
- 1.0.12 Applicants must meet the following requirements-
- 1.0.13 Health requirement
- 1.0.14 Character requirement
- 1.0.15 Pay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government
- 1.0.16 Possess or have access to sufficient funds
- 1.0.17 Prove that you are a genuine visitor
- 1.0.18 (if applicable) Best interests of the child
- 1.0.21 Features of 651 Visa
- 1.0.22 Requirements
- 1.0.23 Who could get this visa
- 1.0.24 eVisitor-eligible passports
- 1.0.25 Criminal convictions
- 1.0.26 Health insurance
- 1.0.27 Health requirements
EVISITOR (SUBCLASS 651)
This visa allows applicants to visit Australia as often as they wish for 12 months
Cost of application
Duration of visa
Visa is valid for a period of 12 months, but applicants can only stay in Australia for 3 months each time they enter
Most suitable for
Visiting family and friends, going on a cruise/holiday, undertaking business visitor activities, studying of training for 3 months (under some circumstances)
Applicants must meet the following requirements-
Pay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government
Possess or have access to sufficient funds
Prove that you are a genuine visitor
(if applicable) Best interests of the child
Features of 651 Visa
This visa lets you visit Australia:
- to visit or for business visitor purposes
- for up to three months at a time within a 12-month period.
This is a free visa.
You might be able to get an eVisitor if you are:
- outside Australia
- Holder of a passport from a particular country
There is no charge for an eVisitor application.
Who could get this visa
You may be eligible for an eVisitor if you:
- intend to visit Australia only temporarily and for tourism or business visitor purposes
- are outside Australia
- hold an eVisitor-eligible passport
- are free of tuberculosis when you enter Australia
- have not been convicted of an offence or offences for which the total sentence is more than 12 months (whether or not the sentence has been served).
eVisitor-eligible passports are citizen passports issued by the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- The Netherlands
- Republic of San Marino
- Slovak Republic
- United Kingdom – British Citizen
- Vatican City.
You are not eligible to apply for the eVisitor if your only passport is a British National Overseas, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British Protected Person or British Subject passport.
If you have had one or more criminal convictions (in any country) for which the sentence or sentences (whether served or not) total 12 months or more, you will not be permitted entry to Australia while holding an eVisitor. If you have had any criminal conviction in any country, a more appropriate visa to apply for could be a Visitor visa (subclass 600), rather than an eVisitor.
You are responsible for all individual health costs while you are in Australia. You will not be covered by Australia’s national health scheme (Medicare) unless your country has a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia.
You must meet certain health requirements. You might not be able to enter Australia if you have active tuberculosis.