NSW NOMINATION CRITERIA FOR A BUSINESS INNOVATION EXTENSION VISA 188A
NSW listed some of the following key requirements for the nomination of the Business Innovation Extension visa 188A:
- Nominee has had, and continue to have, an ownership interest in one or more actively operating main businesses in NSW for at least the last two years before the application is made
- Nominee demonstrated progress towards meeting NSW nomination requirements for the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa subclass (888) – Business Innovation stream
For more NSW nominated business visa categories and nomination criteria, please See here.
NSW BUSINESS TALENT (PERMANENT) (SUBCLASS 132) VISA UPDATES
NSW state government has just re-opened the Venture Capital Entrepreneur (VCE) stream with the following criteria:
- Applicant has sourced venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL)
- The funding must be for the start-up, product commercialisation or business development of a promising high-value business idea that would benefit NSW
- An active management role in the business
STANDARD BUSINESS SPONSOR AFTER MARCH CHANGE
After March 2018 policy change, an existing standard business sponsorship (SBS) approved business can continue to:
- Nominate a TSS nomination for a new TSS visa application
- Nominate a TSS nomination for existing 457 visa holders
- Renew its sponsorship period as long as it is an Australian business
CURRENT 457 HOLDERS AFTER MARCH CHANGE
After March 2018 policy change, an existing 457 visa holder can continue to:
- Ask an new employer to lodge a TSS nomination application
- Ask current employer to lodge a TSS nomination application to change skilled occupation
- Lodge a TSS subsequent entry visa application for members of family unit
- Lodge a new TSS visa application prior to the expiry of subclass 457 visa
LABOUR MARKET TESTING (LMT) for TSS
LMT testing will be mandatory unless international trade obligations apply.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS for TSS
As per the Government’s 18 April 2017 announcement, TSS visa applicants will be required to have worked in the nominated occupation, or a related field, for at least two years, with the following:
- Work experience will be considered flexibly in the context of the nominated occupation and industry practices
- The work experience should have been undertaken in the last five years and would need to be calculated in terms of full time work. Part time work experience may be considered
- Experience gained as part of the research components of a Masters and/or PhD may be considered as work experience for relevant occupations, such as medical and research occupations
- Experience gained through clinical placements and internships may be considered as work experience for medical practitioners, including Resident Medical Officers (RMOs)
- The internship component of the Professional Year Program may be considered as work experience for relevant occupations
- Performance experience gained while studying may be considered for applicants with a performing arts occupation.
CONDITION 8607 FOR TSS
Condition 8607 is a new condition that it is anticipated will apply to all primary TSS visa holders. It is similar to condition 8107, which currently applies to subclass 457 visa holders. Subject to final drafting of the regulations, however, condition 8607 will require TSS visa holders who wish to change occupation (as opposed to employer), to have a new nomination approved and a new visa granted before they start work in a new occupation.
Here at eMigrate, we assist people to achieve their dreams to migrate to Australia. All our migration consultants have extensive knowledge in migration law and have many years of experience dealing with visa applications. We have the specialized knowledge and experience to help you with your visa applications and achieve the desired outcome. eMigrate can assist you in getting the right visa for your needs.
If you would like to find out more about your options and how does this change affect your current visa , please contact eMigrate International to arrange a for consultation or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.