Sydney | Melbourne | Perth | India | UAE

Home  |  About Us  |  Pay Bills  |  Client Portal  |  Contact Us

Options to Permanent Residency After Studying in Australia

Global students who love Australia and wish to continue living here can apply for a Permanent Residency visa after completing their studies.

While deciding a course, it is always important to think about the course’s prospects and chances of getting a permanent visa post study. A good start can be to check the occupation lists and understanding which list(s) and visas you fall under. Please note that if your occupation is visible on the list TODAY, it could also be removed the next time when you are eligible for a PR visa or another temporary visa that makes you a step closer to getting PR.

There are several other factors other than the course you choose, these factors are:

  • Age
  • English language ability
  • Qualifications
  • Employment experience
  • Partner’s skills
  • Student visa assessment

As a registered migration agency, we regularly see cases where students have gone down the wrong path due to unprofessional advice from unauthorised education institutes or advice from their friends. At eMigrate, we guide these students towards the right pathway and inform them that it is important to:

  • Know your desired course
  • Make sure you meet the GTE requirements
  • Know your desired university or college, and/or
  • Decide on the city/region in which you want to study

As you are applying for a Student visa from overseas you can potentially increase or decrease your chances of gaining a Student visa through the actions you take in putting forward your visa application. The best way to ensure you have the best chances of gaining a Student visa is to get help from an accredited migration agency like eMigrate. As different Australian states have different occupations on their state sponsored list, you could potentially apply for a permanent visa if you get an invitation if you carefully select the best state to lodge your application.

After studying a Trade, Vocational or University course, students can increase their chances of getting a Graduate 485 , 482, 491, 494, State Sponsored 190 or a  Skilled Independent 189 Visa depending on the course they decide on and the time when they are lodging their application.