|Overview||This visa is for people with business skills. It lets you operate a new or existing business in Australia.|
|Cost of application||From AUD5375 (see ’cost’ below for additional information)|
|Duration of visa||Up to 4 years and 3 months.If you applied before 1 July 2015, you can stay up to 4 years. Multiple entry.|
|Uses of this visa|
Applicants must meet the following requirements-
This visa costs AUD5,375 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you:
- additional applicant over 18 years old: AUD2,685
- additional applicant under 18 years old: AUD1,345
You must pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English.This charge is the second instalment which must only be paid when you are asked to do so. You will be refunded the charge if the visa is not granted.
The second instalment charges are:
- main applicant: AUD9,795
- family members: AUD4,890
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
For 2 out of 4 fiscal years immediately before you receive an invitation to apply, you must have had an ownership stake in 1 or 2 businesses that had at least AUD500,000 turnover in each of those 2 years.
Whether you have 1 or 2 businesses, you must own at least:
- 51%, of the total value of the business if the business has a turnover of less than AUD400,000 per year
- 30%, of the total value of the business if the business has a turnover of AUD400,000 or more per year, or
- 10%, of the total value of the business if the business is operated by a publicly listed company
If your business provides professional, technical or trade services, you must have spent less than half your time providing those services, rather than general management of the business.
You must score at least 65 points on the points test.
You can get points for many reasons, including your:
- English language ability
- business experience
- net personal and business assets
- business turnover
- special endorsement