|Overview||This visa is for people who are nominated by Austrade and who invest at least AUD15 million in Australian investments and/or philanthropic contributions.|
|Cost of application||From AUD9,455 (see ’cost’ below for additional information)|
|Duration of visa||4 years and 3 months. Multiple Entry.|
|Uses of this visa||
|Eligibility||Applicants must meet the following requirements-
This visa costs AUD9,455 for the main applicant.
There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you:
- family members over 18 years old: AUD4,725
- family members under 18 years old: AUD2,365
You must pay an extra charge for any applicant 18 years old or older who has less than functional English.
The second instalment charges are:
- main applicant: AUD9,795
- family members: AUD4,890
You might also have to pay other costs for health checks, police certificates and biometrics.
Receive an invitation to apply
After you lodge your application, you must make a complying premium investment of at least AUD15 million in any of the following options
- Australian securities exchange listed assets
- Australian government or semi-government bonds or notes
- corporate bonds or notes issued by an Australian exchange listed entity (or wholly owned subsidiary of the Australian listed entity), investment grade rated Australian corporate bonds or notes rated by an AFS licenced debt rating agency
- Australian proprietary limited companies that operate qualifying businesses (providing goods or services to the public with a profit-making intention, and not passive or speculative in nature)
- real property in Australia excluding residential property
- deferred annuities issued by Australian registered life companies
- state or territory government approved philanthropic contribution
- To be an eligible fund, a further requirement is that cash is to be no more than 20% of a fund’s net assets and derivatives are to be used for risk management purposes only.
Premium investors may elect to make a portion or the entirety of their investment by way of a philanthropic donation (endorsed by a state or territory government).
Further information on the complying premium investment
- Income that you earn from your complying premium investment in Australia is subject to tax under Australian taxation law.
- You must also have a genuine and realistic commitment to continue your investment activity in Australia after your visa ends.
- Do not make your complying premium investment before you submit a visa application. Once you have lodged an application, if we are satisfied you meet other criteria for the grant of the visa, you will be invited to make a complying premium investment.