Sydney | Melbourne | Perth | India | UAE

Home  |  About Us  |  Pay Bills  |  Client Portal  |  Contact Us

Overview This visa lets nominated skilled workers live and work in Australia as permanent residents.
Visa type Permanent
Cost of application AUD4,045 for main applicant
Duration of visa Recipients can stay in Australia indefinitely
Uses of this visa
  • work and study anywhere in Australia
  • sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • if eligible, become an Australian citizen
Eligibility Applicants must meet the following requirements-
  • Be invited to apply after submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI)
  • Be nominated for this visa by an Australian state or territory government agency
  • Declare that you have a suitable skills assessment at the time of invitation (see ‘Skills Assessment’ below for additional information)
  • Be under 45 years of age when you are invited to apply for this visa
  • Be able to score 65 points or more on the points test
  • Have at least Competent English
  • Ensure that your occupation is on the relevant list of eligible skilled occupations for the 190 Skilled Nominated visa
  • Meet the  health requirement
  • Meet the character requirement
  • Pay back any debts to the Australian Government
  • Not had a visa cancelled or an application refused when you were in Australia
  • Sign the Australian values statement

Skills Assessment

For your application to be valid, you must declare that you have a suitable skills assessment at the time of invitation.


You will need to provide a copy of this skills assessment with your application.


For medical and legal practitioners, we also accept the following as proof of a skills assessment:


  • full or unconditional or general medical registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
  • conditional specialist registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. This only allows you to practise in your specialty. You need no further training or supervision
  • admission to practice law in the relevant state or territory


Your skills assessment must have been obtained in the 3 years before the date of your invitation. If the assessment was for a shorter period, that period must not have passed.


If your skills were assessed on the basis of a qualification you got in Australia when you held a student visa, the qualification must be from studying a course registered on CRICOS. 

The process of a State or Territory Government Nomination

Every State and Territory Government has its own list of occupations in demand in their area, which may possess specific requirements in relation to an applicants’ work experience, English language ability or specialised skills.

Submit an expression of interest (EOI) via SkillSelect with details of your nominated occupation, skills and qualifications. Once a points score has been estimated, all applicants receiving a score high enough, will then have their EOI reviewed by Australian state and territory government agencies to decide if they want to nominate you.

Once nominated by a state or territory agency, you will be invited to apply for the visa. If you are invited, you have 60 calendar days to apply for the visa. Your visa application will then be processed.

Points score

You must be able to meet the points score on your invitation letter. This score will be 65 points (as of 1 July 2018) or more.

The score on your invitation letter is based on the information in your EOI.

You must be able to meet the points score eligibility at the time you are invited to apply for the visa.

Check how many points you might get.