SA State Nomination Updates 2020-21
As announced, South Australia has published new visa requirements for the migration year 2020-21. They have also updated their website with a fresh look. It is advised that the Skilled Occupations List will be published in mid-October 2020.
Highlights of the updated state requirements and nomination streams are as follows
Minimum nomination requirements
- Applicants must meet Home Affairs minimum requirements for age, English levels and Points, and
- Applicants must nominate an occupation eligible for a 190 or 491 nomination on the Skilled Migration Occupation List and have a valid and positive Skills Assessment for that occupation, and
- Applicants must be currently working in South Australia for at least the last 3 months in their nominated or closely related occupation, for at least 20 hours per week or 40 hours per fortnight. The work experience must be undertaken post-qualification completion and paid at the appropriate rate for the skill level.
- The following applicants do not have to meet the work experience requirement listed above:
– International graduates of South Australian education institutions who have completed a PhD or Masters by Research.
In addition to the mandatory requirements listed above, applicants who meet the following conditions will have a better chance of being invited to submit an application.
- Applicants with Proficient English overall or higher
- Applicants with at least 90 Points in your Expression of Interest (including state-nomination points)
- Applicants who are currently working in South Australia for at least the last 12 months in their nominated or closely related occupation and claiming Points for Australian work experience
- Applicants who are currently living and working in outer regional South Australia (link to regional definition).
- Applicants who meet the critical skills listed here for Commonwealth Governments Travel Exemption Requirements
190 nomination and special Requirements: https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/visa-options/skilled-visas/skilled-nominated-visa#nav-requirements/
491 nomination and special Requirements: https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/visa-options/skilled-visas/skilled-work-regional-visa#nav-requirements/
Skilled Occupation list: https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/occupation-lists/south-australias-skilled-occupation-list
Concessions in the requirements: Concessions and waivers are granted for specific streams and occupations in both 190 and 491 visa. Further detailed information is available on the South Australia Migration Website.
On 1st July 2019,
eMigrate International has opened our Facebook page and start posting the updated the Australian Education and Migration Industry news.
Follow our Facebook Page and check out the news and updates