TEMPORARY ACTIVITY VISA (SUBCLASS 408)
This visa allows you to come to Australia to do specific types of work on a short-term, temporary basis.
In terms of basic eligibility, you must:
- have the skills to undertake the activity to be carried out in Australia
- be supported or sponsored
- meet additional requirements of the relevant stream
|Visa stream||Duration of stay||Cost||Uses of visa|
|Special program||Up to 12 months||From AUD310||
|Religious work||Up to 2 years||From AUD310||
|Research activities||Up to 2 years||From AUD310||
|Invited for other social and cultural activity (invited participant)||Up to 3 months||From AUD310||
|Sporting activities||Up to 2 years||From AUD310||
|Entertainment activities||Up to 2 years||From AUD310||
|Superyacht crew||Up to 12 months||From AUD310||
|Exchange arrangements||Up to 2 years||From AUD310||
|Australian Government endorsed events||Up to 4 years if you are the organiser||From AUD310||
|Domestic work for executives||Up to 2 years||From AUD310||
COVID-19 Pandemic - Australian Government Endorsed Event (AGEE) Stream Updates
as at 22 April 2020.
To respond to COVID-19, the government has introduced flexible and temporary visa arrangements that support Australia’s public health measures. The Temporary Activity (subclass 408) Australian Government Endorsed Event (AGEE) stream visa (COVID-19 Pandemic event visa) is being utilised to manage the extraordinary circumstances that have arisen due to the COVID-19 pandemic event. The measure is temporary in nature, will be subject to ongoing review and will be wound back appropriately in line with the end of the pandemic.
Eligible to apply:
- in Australia
- are unable to depart Australia due to COVID-19
- have 28 days or less remaining on their current visa or where their last temporary visa has expired less than 28 days ago
- are not eligible for any other visa based on their intended activities or
- have evidence from their employer that they have ongoing work in a critical sector and that an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident cannot fill the position.
Find more TEMPORARY ACTIVITY VISA visa options.