TRAINING VISA (SUBCLASS 407)
This visa allows you to:
- take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study, field of expertise
- participate in a professional development training programme in Australia.
This visa is not appropriate for persons whose sole intention is to work.
TEMPORARY ACTIVITY VISA (SUBCLASS 408)
This visa allows you to come to Australia on a temporary basis to:
- work as performer in the entertainment industry
- participate activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation
- participate or observe in an Australian research project
- work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement
- participate in high-level sports competitions or sports training programs
- participate in approved special program
- do full-time religious work
- be employed as a super yacht crew member
- do full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives
- participate in a government endorsed event.
TEMPORARY WORK (SHORT STAY SPECIALIST) VISA (SUBCLASS 400)
This visa is for people who want to travel to Australia to:
- do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
- in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests.
TEMPORARY WORK (INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS) VISA (SUBCLASS 403)
- in relation to a bilateral agreement (Government Agreement stream)
- to represent a foreign government or to teach a foreign language in an Australian school (Foreign Government Agency stream)
- to do domestic work for a diplomat (Domestic Worker stream)
- as a person with statutory privileges and immunities (Privileges and Immunities stream)
- to participate in the program of seasonal work (Seasonal Worker Program stream).
402 VISA (CLOSED)
PROCESSING TIMES FOR EMPLOYER VISAS
Find more TEMPORARY ACTIVITY VISA visa options.